- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Pineapple Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|White vinegar||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1351 Calories from Fat 12
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.1%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 18.6 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 351 g117.1%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.1%
Sugars 312.1 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 909.8%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel the pineapple and slice in 1 inch rings, core and cut in 1 inch pieces.
2) Tie the cloves in a piece of cheesecloth.
3) In a large saucepan, put water, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and cloves.
4) Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
5) Add the pineapples carefully, cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes more or until pineapples are tender and translucent.
6) In a sterile jar, carefully pack the pineapples and the cooking liquid.
7) Cool it and place it in refrigerator.
8) Use as desired.