- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Papaya Recipe
|Firm ripe papaya||1 Large|
|Whole cloves||8 (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1882 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 40.9 mg1.7%
Total Carbohydrates 478 g159.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.7%
Sugars 445.8 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 170.9% Vitamin C 807.7%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Skin the papaya. Make 1 1/2 X 2 1/2-inch pieces.
2) Insert clove into end of each piece.
3) In a saucepan mix sugar and vinegar.
4) Bring to boiling and boil for 5 minutes.
5) Mix papaya and cook until transparent.
6) Put into a jar, cover, refrigerate and serve as a pickle.
7) Serve warm.