- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Olives Recipe Video
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red vinegar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1982 Calories from Fat 1800
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324.6%
Saturated Fat 28.3 g141.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 60640.2 mg2526.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 29.9 g119.7%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 71.3% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 51.1% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sort out the good olives from the bad ones and give a thorough wash.
2. Soak the olives in water for a week changing the water daily with fresh water.
3. On day 3 take olives in a Ziploc bag. Pound the olives with a rolling pin, to break them a little.
4. Place the olives in a large bowl. Fill it with water. And change the water for rest 4 days.
5. At the end of the week, drain the olives from the water.
6. Sprinkle salt over the olives, leave for 120 minutes.
7. Place the olives in a jar; pour in the red vinegar and olive oil.
8. Serve Pickled Olives with sandwich and enjoy!
The longer the olives are pickled, the better it taste, when all the bitter taste is gone.