- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Fish Recipe
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), thinly sliced|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.8 mg
Sodium 1490.4 mg62.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 9.9%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the fish fillets in 1- inch cubes.
2) In a bowl, mix together, flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1teaspoon curry powder.
3) Dip the fish in the flour mixture.
4) In a pan heat oil and fry the fish till it is brown evenly. Drain on paper napkin.
5) In a saucepan, combine the onions, vinegar, brown sugar and remaining salt and curry powder.
6) Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
7) In a cup, mix cornstarch and water, stir into the saucepan until thickened.
8) In a jar, arrange layers of fish and sauce.
9) Refrigerate the pickle for 24 hours before serving