- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Eggs Recipe Video
|Caster sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black peppercorns||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.7%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 394.7 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.06 g0.23%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 6 g12.6%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, bring cold water to a boil with the eggs in it. Boil them for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl of cold water, transfer the cooked eggs and run cold water into the bowl to help them cool down.
3. Carefully peel the eggs and set aside while you thoroughly wash the pickling jar, including the seal.
4. Place the eggs carefully into the bottom of the jar before adding in the sugar, salt, peppercorns and cayenne pepper.
5. Pour in the vinegar so the eggs are well covered and seal the jar.
6. Swirl the jar around gently to help dissolve the sugar and properly dissipate the peppercorns and cayenne pepper.
7. Store in a cool, dark place for about a month before enjoying. The minimum time needed to pickle them and develop the best flavors is usually at least 2 weeks.
8. If you prefer, store the jar in the refrigerator – regardless of your pickling method.
9. Serve the pickled eggs as an appetizer or with drinks.
Always use a clean spoon to remove the eggs from the jar.