- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickled Eggplant and Mushrooms Recipe
|Dry white wine||25 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Cups Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|White wine vinegar||5 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 1 Table Spoon)|
|Garlic clove||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|Oregano||3 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Coarse salt||2 Tablespoon (Kosher)|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut into 3 by 1/2 inch sticks (Unpeeled)|
|Small mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, cut into halved or quartered (Or Large Sized)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 320 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2487.1 mg103.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, put together 1 ½ cups of wine, ¼ cup of vinegar, garlic, cinnamon, bay leaf, 1 tablespoon of oregano, basil, cloves, salt, sugar and 1 cup of water.
2) Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
3) Add eggplant and mushroom to the mixture and continue simmering for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
4) Using a perforated ladle (leave behind as much as herbs as possible), remove eggplant, mushroom and garlic to colander.
5) Discard the cooling liquid.
6) Place the vegetables in a bowl and let it cool.
7) Add olive oil, remaining wine, vinegar and oregano. Stir gently.
8) Cover with plastic wrap and leave the bowl in refrigerate overnight.
9) To serve, garnish with chopped parsley.