- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pickle Relish Recipe
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, each cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into 12 pieces|
|Red pepper||1 , cut into 12 pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard seed||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 7
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.85 g1.3%
Saturated Fat 0.16 g0.81%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4387.1 mg182.8%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 58.6 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 29.1% Vitamin C 135.5%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard tough seeds from cucumbers.
2) Shred cucumbers with a knife or in a food processor bowl fitted with a shredding disc and empty the shredded cucumbers to a large mixing bowl when they each Fill Level.
3) Roughly chop the remaining vegetables one after the other with a knife or in the food processor bowl fitting it with a Knife Blade.
4) Mix vegetables with cucumbers and season with salt.
5) Cover this mixture with enough water and keep aside for 1 hour after stirring well.
6) Drain the excess water from vegetables after 1 hour.
7) Take a 3-quart saucepan and bring vinegar, sugar and mustard seed to a boil in it.
8) Stir in vegetables and uncover and cook for 15 minutes.
9) Store in hot sterilized jars and refrigerate after cooling completely.
10) Use as required.
If refrigerated, Pickle Relish can be kept for several weeks.