- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Phyllo Pirouette Cookies Recipe
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Orange peel||1⁄3 Teaspoon, grated|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||3 , thawed (12 X 17 Inches Each)|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Ounce|
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 43
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.5%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 84.4 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 0.95%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, blend margarine and orange peel; keep aside.
3. On a clean work surface, unroll and 1 sheet of phyllo dough.
4. Wrap the remaining sheets with a plastic wrap or a slightly damp towel; keep aside.
5. Brush 1/3 of the margarine mixture over the unrolled phyllo dough sheet.
6. With a paring knife, start cutting from the wider side, cut the phyllo dough sheet into 4 equal pieces.
7. From the narrow side of each phyllo strip, roll it in jelly-roll fashion.
8. Brush all the remaining phyllo dough sheets with rest of the margarine mixture and prepare 8 more cookies.
9. Grease a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
10. On the greased baking sheet, place the rolled cookies with the seam-side down.
11. Place the baking sheet in the middle of center oven rack and bake for about 10 minutes until cookies are golden.
12. Shift the cookies onto a wire rack for cooling.
13. In a 1-cup heat-resistant glass liquid measure, microwave chocolate chips on High for 15 seconds until the chocolate begins to melt; stir to combine.
14. Microwave the chocolate chip on High for another 15 seconds to melt the chocolate completely; stir to combine.
15. Line the baking sheet with wax paper.
16. Dip each cookie in melted chocolate to coat all sides evenly
17. Place the chocolate coated cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
18. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until the chocolate is set.
19. Serve chill.