- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Phyllo Cheese Bundles Recipe
|Shredded yellow squash||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded zucchini||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped red bell pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Phyllo dough sheets||6 , thawed and cut crosswise into halves (12X17 Inches Each)|
|Frozen phyllo dough sheets||6 , thawed and cut crosswise into halves (12 X 17 Inches Each)|
|Low fat cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (1% Milk Fat)|
|1% low fat cottage cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Scallions||4 , blanched (Green Onions 6 Inches Long, Green Portion Only)|
Calories 265 Calories from Fat 29
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5%
Saturated Fat 0.77 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.5 mg
Sodium 518 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 15 g30.8%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 72.7%
Calcium 12.8% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Take a non stick skillet and spray it with non stick cooking spray. Heat.
3. To the warm skillet, add, onion, garlic, pepper, zucchini, squash and cook over medium heat.
4.Stir frequently and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes till the moisture evaporates completely. Let cool.
5.Clean work surface and spray non stick cooking spray.
6.Arrange the phyllo halves side by side on the work place.
7. Place 2 phyllo dough halves over each of the dough halves to form a stack of total 3 dough halves. Make 4 stacks like this.
8.Spray surface of stacks with non stick cooking spray.
9.To the vegetable mixture add cottage cheese and mix well.
10. Spoon 1/3 of cottage cheese vegetable mixture on the center of stacks and bring the edges together in a twist to form a bundle. Repeat the same with the other 3 stacks to form 4 bundles in total.
11.Secure the bundle with a scallion.
12. Arrange bundles on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes until the bundle browns.