- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Phuket Grilled Smoked Salmon Recipe
|Smoked salmon fillet||2 Pound, center cut in one piece, skin left on|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme leaves||5 Teaspoon|
|White peppercorns||2 Teaspoon, coarsely crushed|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Limes||4 , halved crosswise|
Calories 178 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg
Sodium 76.7 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 23 g46.1%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large shallow glass dish, place the salmon with the skin side down. Brush with the olive oil and sprinkle over 3 teaspoons thyme leaves and crushed white peppercorns, then loosely cover and allow to rest for 1 hour.
2) Preheat the broiler.
3) In a large broiling pan lined with aluminum foil, place the marinated salmon with the skin side down.
4) Drizzle over with the lime juice and marinating juices.
5) Place the pan 3 to 4 inches from the heat source and broil for 7 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned and just crisp on top.
6) Transfer the salmon on a platter and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
7) Halve the salmon lengthwise down the center, then slice each half against the grain crosswise into 4 pieces.
8) Garnish each serving with a lime half and serve immediately.