- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Phudina Thogayal Recipe Video
|Fresh mint leaves/Null||2 Bunch (200 gm) (Null)|
|Tomato/Null||1 Large (Null)|
|Garlic/Null||2 Clove (10 gm) (Null)|
|Green chilies/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Cumin/Null||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Urad dal/Chopped almonds||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Coconut/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Oil/Null||1 Teaspoon (Null)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 439 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 489.1 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.1 g104.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 19 g37.3%
Vitamin A 210.8% Vitamin C 155.8%
Calcium 74.8% Iron 93.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Rinse the mint leaves and keep aside.
2. Chop the tomatoes, the garlic and the green chilies.
3. Take a pan and add oil, when hot add the urad dal and fry until golden brown.
4. Add the green chilies and the garlic.
5. Add the whole cumin and fry for a few seconds.
6. Now add the tomato and salt, cook till the tomatoes are soft.
7. Finally add the mint leaves and cook just until they start wilting.
8. Let cool and blend with the coconut using a little water to make a thick paste.
9. Enjoy with almost anything from chips to chapatti.