- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pho Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Boneless beef||1 Pound|
|Beef knuckle bone||2 Pound|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , sliced thinly|
|Spice seasoning||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 package)|
|Rice noodles||1 Pound|
Calories 735 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 1739.5 mg72.5%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g35.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 34 g67%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1 large pot, small cloth bag
1. Put all the spices from the packet in a cloth bag and tie tightly.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the beef as thin as possible and set aside.
3. In a bowl, put together sliced onions, ¼ cup water and vinegar and soak for 1 or 2 hours.
4. In a large pot, pour water and set heat on high, add beef bone and salt and bring to boil.
5. Once the water boils, remove the froth from the surface with a spoon, put in the spice bag and let the broth boil for 10 minutes more.
6. Cover and let the broth simmer for an hour.
7. In a bowl, soak noodles in hot water for 20 minutes and drain.
8. In a serving bowl, place the noodles, beef slices, drained onions and spoon the boiling hot broth on top.
9. Serve hot noodle soup with beansprouts, sliced jalapeno and basil leaves on side.