- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Liter|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Saffron strands||6 , soaked in milk|
|Rose water/Kewra||4 Drop|
|Cardamoms||5 , crushed|
|Sliced blanched almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Sliced pistachios||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3012 Calories from Fat 570
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98%
Saturated Fat 29.5 g147.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150 mg
Sodium 606.8 mg25.3%
Total Carbohydrates 574 g191.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 489.2 g
Protein 62 g123.8%
Vitamin A 32.3% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 180% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Bring the milk to boil and add the rice paste stirring all the while.
3. When the milk begins to thicken add sugar, stirring all the time. Care should be taken so that the bottom of the pan is free from any sedimentation.
4. Cook again till the mixture is of a setting consistency. Add saffron, kewra and half the dry fruit.
5. When slightly cooled put either in a large earthen pot or small earthen plates.
6. Decorate with silver leaf and nuts and serve chilled. In winter the phirni can be served piping hot.