- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pheasant Casserole Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallots||3 , peeled and chopped|
|Canned button mushrooms||6 Ounce (1 Small Can)|
|Chicken broth||10 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||6 Tablespoon|
|Powdered thyme||1 Pinch|
Calories 672 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.9%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.3 mg
Sodium 618.2 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 27.7%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Mix toghter all the ingredients for stuffing and bind then together with a beaten egg. Stuff the pheasant, truss and over the breast, wrap the bacon slices.
3) In a skillet, heat the butter and brown the pheasant properly all over. Put it in a casserole.
4) In the butter which has been left behind in the skillet, saute the shallots and the mushrooms which have been drained. Add the vegetables to the casserole, dampen with a little broth, cover and cook for nearly 90 minutes.
5) Adjust the seasoning just before serving and sprinkle lemon juice all over. Serve hot.