- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Petties Recipe Video
|Instant potato mash/Boiled and mashed potatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for the pettis dough)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for the pettis dough)|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (for the pettis dough)|
|Besan||2 Tablespoon (for the pettis dough)|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon (for the pettis dough)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the pettis dough)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen and thawed (for the stuffing)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (for the stuffing)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Cashews||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Khus khus||2 Tablespoon (for the stuffing)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon (for the stuffing)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Sev/Gathiya||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for the stuffing)|
|Oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (for frying)|
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon (for the stuffing)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon (for the stuffing)|
Calories 2845 Calories from Fat 2010
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 228 g351.3%
Saturated Fat 37.8 g188.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1068.2 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 189 g63.2%
Dietary Fiber 15.8 g63.1%
Sugars 94.3 g
Protein 27 g53.2%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 31.3%
Calcium 24.7% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix water, sugar, besan, cornflour and cumin powder in a pressure cooker container or pan and blend with an electric hand blender if desired.
2. Warm it a little bit, add readymade mashed potato mix and mix well to make a smooth dough.
3. Let it cool down and mix salt to taste.
4. In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil, add shredded coconut and stir a little.
5. Add sesame seeds, khuskhus, salt, cumin powder, green chili paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and cashewnuts and stir on low temperature.
6. Add green peas and raisins and cook lightly.
7. Turn off the stove and add brown sugar and mix well.
8. Squeeze some fresh lime juice and blend the mixture into a food processor.
9. Add cilantro and gathiya and blend after each addition.
10. Remove the filling from the processor to a bowl, mix and shape into balls.
11. Bring the potato mixture, knead well to smoothen and make golf sized balls out of it.
12. Make a hole in the center of each ball, place the filling, seal and smoothen on the sealed end.
13. Make kachoris, cover with slightly damp kitchen towel and keep aside.
14. Heat oil in a deep fry pan to medium heat and fry the kachoris till they turn golden brown.
15. Serve hot with ginger yogurt dip or tomato ketchup.
If using boiled and mashed potatoes instead of instant mash, no need to add more water and warm.
It can be mixed directly with the other pettis dough ingredients.