- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Petits Turbans Of Sole Recipe
|Whole sole||3 , filleted|
|Whole||3 , filleted|
|Small shrimp||10 Ounce|
|Tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Lemon||1 , zested and peel grated|
|Lemon peel||1 , grated (From 1 Lemon)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish cooking liquid||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
Calories 6649 Calories from Fat 1085
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.7%
Saturated Fat 44.1 g220.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3487.2 mg
Sodium 5738.1 mg239.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.93 g3.7%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 1291 g2581.7%
Vitamin A 90.4% Vitamin C 217.4%
Calcium 133.3% Iron 150.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the fillet cut each in half and remove the connecting thread to get 12 strips of fish.
2. Lightly butter a 10 x 7 x 2-inch ovenproof dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
4. To prepare the shrimp shell, devein and wash it to get approximately 8 ounces of shrimp after cleaning.
5. In a food processor pure adding the shrimp and the egg whites.
6. Blend for 30 seconds adding cream, tomato puree, nutmeg, lemon peel, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Bringing a little water to a simmer poach a tablespoon of the fish puree for a minute or so, taste for seasoning and add what is needed to the mixture.
8. Leaving a hole for the fish puree, roll strips of the sole loosely.
9. Arrange the rolls in the butter coated dish so that they do not touch.
10. Fill the holes with the puree, pour the wine into the dish, cover and refrigerate until needed.
11. With a piece of buttered wax paper cover the baking dish, buttered side down and bake in the middle of the oven for 30 minutes.
12. Into a measuring cup drain the liquid from the dish and keep the fish warm such that the liquid measures 2 cups.
13. In a small heavy saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add the flour and stir and cook for 1 or 2 minutes not allowing the roux to brown.
14. Removing the pan from the heat, pour in the liquid from the fish and stir until smooth.
15. Return the pan to heat after adding the cream, cook slowly until the sauce is as thick as heavy cream and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
16. To serve, pour a little sauce over the fish, sprinkle the sauced fish with the chopped parsley and serve the remaining sauce warm in a sauceboat.