- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Almond Filled Petits Fours Recipe
|Pound cake mix||17 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Almond filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange flavored liqueur/Almond flavored liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple jelly||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chocolate sugar icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mocha sugar icing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White drizzle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate drizzle||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4822 Calories from Fat 1682
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 190 g292.3%
Saturated Fat 83.2 g415.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.4 mg
Sodium 3923.5 mg163.5%
Total Carbohydrates 757 g252.5%
Dietary Fiber 30.3 g121%
Sugars 479.6 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.21%
Calcium 71.1% Iron 21.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, prepare Almond Filling; set aside.
3. When cake is cool, sprinkle with liqueur. Cut cake crosswise in half, forming two rectangles about 10 1/2 by 7 3/4 trim cake to make straight edges.
4. Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll Almond Filling to a rectangle about 10 1/2 by 7 3/4". Peel off top sheet; invert bottom sheet with Almond Filling onto 1 cake rectangle; peel off paper and discard. Top with second cake rectangle, liqueur side down, pressing layers together firmly. With serrated knife, cut cake lengthwise into 6 strips, each about 1 1/4 inches wide; cut each strip crosswise into 7 pieces.
5. In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, melt apple jelly. With pastry brush, brush cut surfaces of cake pieces with jelly. Place cake pieces 1 inch apart on wire racks over waxed paper.
6. Prepare Chocolate-Sugar Icing and Mocha-Sugar Icing. With small spoon, spread chocolate icing over 21 cake pieces, letting excess icing drip onto waxed paper. Repeat with mocha icing and remaining cake pieces.
7. When icing is dry, prepare White Drizzle and Chocolate Drizzle. With spoon, drizzle White Drizzle over chocolate petits fours by quickly waving spoon back and forth. Repeat with mocha petits fours and Chocolate Drizzle