- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pesto Sauce Over Pasta Recipe
|Whole wheat egg noodles/Rich egg noodles||12 Ounce (Store Brought / Homemade)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Romano cheese||2 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Firmly packed basil leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Fresh Ones)|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), pressed|
|Pine nuts||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), shelled|
Calories 972 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.8%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.2 mg
Sodium 640.6 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 10.1%
Calcium 48.8% Iron 29.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the Parmesan and Romano cheeses until finely grated.
2) Dry the basil leaves with paper towels, add into the processor bowl with cheese and process until the mixture resembles puree.
3) With the processor running, add the garlic, then pour in oil and pine nuts, if used and process until the sauce is smooth.
4) In a large pot of salted boiling with 2 tablespoons oil,
boil the noodles for 4-7 minutes for fresh noodles or cook the dry noodles as per the package directions, drain.
5) In a large shallow dish, place the noodles, top with the sauce and toss well to mix.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.