- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pesto Pasta Salad: On the Side #27 Recipe Video
|Cooked pasta||12 Ounce|
|Red bell pepper||1 , dice|
|Sliced black olives||4 Ounce, drained|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pesto||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg
Sodium 574.5 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 5 g10.6%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 84.6%
Calcium 2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain in colander and run under cold water until pasta is completely cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cooled pasta, bell pepper, cucumber and olive.
3. If using frozen pesto, defrost in microwave in 30 second bursts. Don't let the pesto get hot, just defrost it.
4. Mix the pesto into the other ingredients and add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss together well.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Serve cold and enjoy!
This salad is also delicious with some cooked chicken added to the salad.