- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pesto, Pasta and Shrimp Recipe Video
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm) (FOR PESTO)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Tablespoon (FOR PESTO)|
|Black pepper beef||1 Tablespoon (FOR PESTO)|
|Fresh basil leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR PESTO)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated (FOR PESTO)|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound|
|Butter||25 Gram (1/4 stick)|
|Linguine pasta||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cooked)|
Calories 1914 Calories from Fat 1419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 157 g241.2%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 661.6 mg220.5%
Sodium 3637.8 mg151.6%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 73 g146.5%
Vitamin A 61.1% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the pasta till soft, in boiling water with salt. Drain, rinse in cold water and keep aside.
2. Grate the parmesan cheese.
3. Toast the pine nuts.
4. Peel and devein the shrimps.
5. Wash the basil leaves and drain in a colander.
6. For the Pesto: In a blender, add garlic, toasted pine nuts, salt and pepper. Blend till all ingredients are chopped finely.
7. Put the basil leaves and continue blending on slow. Push the leaves with a spoon or spatula.
8. Pour the extra virgin olive oil and resume blending.
9. Once all the leaves are blended and oil incorporated, add the parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth.
10. For shrimp and pasta: In a pan, add butter and heat it.
11. Put the shrimp and sauté till it is cooked and turns pink.
12. To this add the cooked pasta, pesto sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Toss well and turn off the heat.
13. In a plate, spoon out the pesto, pasta and shrimp and serve hot with bread.