- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pesto Pasta Recipe Video
|Garlic cloves||3 Small|
|Fresh basil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (leaves and stalks)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Can (5 oz)|
|Pine nuts/Walnut||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1729 Calories from Fat 888
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.7%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg9.2%
Sodium 378.8 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 47 g94.5%
Vitamin A 29.9% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 47.7% Iron 57.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a saucepan on heat, pour water and bring it to boil. Add salt and put pasta in it. Bring it back to boil, and cook for 9-12 minutes or until al dente.
2. For pesto, in food processor, add garlic and nuts. Beat for a couple of minutes.
3. Drop basil, leaving little for garnish later, and blitz well.
4. Pour olive oil, little at a time blending continuously. Add salt and pepper. Mix well.
5. Throw cheese in the processor, and blend just to combine.
6. Drain water from pasta holding back ¼ cup of cooked water in it.
7. Transfer it to a serving dish, and top it with pesto. Add little water if required and mix pesto evenly with pasta.
8. Sprinkle cheese and fresh basil on top. Serve and enjoy.