- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pesce Spada Rollotini Rolled Swordfish Recipe
|Swordfish steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (Thin-Cut, Ask At Fish Counter For 3 Steaks Cut As Thinly As Possible, No More Than 1/2-Inch Thick)|
|Plain bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (A Handful)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, peeled|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , zested|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.3%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg
Sodium 350.1 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the pat swordfish steaks dry, trim away skin and dark connective tissue and place between wax paper sheets.
2. Using rubber mallet, pound fish steaks as you would do with chicken or veal cutlets.
3. Out of the thin slices make several rectangular pieces, about 2x4 inches.
4. In shallow dish place bread crumbs and keep aside.
5. On a cutting board pile parsley and garlic, lemon zest and a little coarse salt, finely chop them and combine with plain bread crumbs.
6. Into the crumb mixture gently press the fish slices coating both sides and roll up the coated fish strips tightly into small bundles.
7. Preheat a medium nonstick skillet over moderate heat, coat with a thin layer of olive oil twice around the pan.
8. In the skillet cook several swordfish rolls, 3 to 4 minutes on each side such that golden and firm.
9. Removing from pan, serve swordfish with lemon wedges, Fennel Slaw Salad and Olive Rosemary Crostini.