- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Filipino Pesang Isda Recipe Video
|Fish||2 Large, sliced|
|Baby bok choy/Pechay||2 Bunch (200 gm), cleaned and ends removed|
|Rice washing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Green onions/Onion leeks||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced and pounded|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon (Patis)|
|Whole peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||8 Tablespoon|
Calories 2642 Calories from Fat 857
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148.2%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g72.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 520 mg
Sodium 4230.9 mg176.3%
Total Carbohydrates 209 g69.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 219 g438.5%
Vitamin A 127% Vitamin C 106.2%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 62.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat a frying pan then pour-in 6 tablespoons of cooking oil.
3. Fry the fish until the color of one side turns golden brown. Flip to fry the other side then turn off the heat and set the fish aside.
4. Heat a cooking pot and pour-in 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
5. When the oil is hot enough, sauté garlic, ginger and onion.
6. Put-in the fish sauce and whole peppercorn then stir.
7. Pour-in the rice washing then let boil,
8. Put-in the fried fish then simmer for 10 minutes in low heat.
9. Add the chopped green onions and bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes.
10. Transfer to a serving plate then serve.
11. Share and enjoy!