- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peruvian Red Roast Recipe Video
|Chuck roast||4 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, bite size pieces|
|Yukon gold potato||2 Medium, bite size pieces|
|Squash||1 Large, bite size pieces|
|Baby carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), dice|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), chop|
|Red wine||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Ragu||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Ragu Pasta Sauce)|
|Tomato paste||12 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||15 Ounce|
|Jasmine rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 828 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg
Sodium 567.8 mg23.7%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 18 g
Protein 77 g155%
Vitamin A 115% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 16% Iron 54.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Crockpot, put onion, cumin, salt and pepper. Sauté for a minute over high heat.
2. Add cilantro, red wine, and garlic cloves. Cover and allow to cook.
3. In the meanwhile, cut the chuck roast into slices.
4. Place a frying pan on medium high heat, throw the meat in it, and sear to cook evenly.
5. Drain excess liquid, and put meat pieces it in the Crockpot.
6. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, Ragu pasta sauce, and ketchup.
7. Add squash, potato and carrot.
8. Pour red wine, cover and cook for 6 hours on the high heat setting.
9. Wash rice, pour water in it, add a garlic clove, and cook until done.
10. Garnish with cilantro, and serve red roast immediately over the Jasmine Rice.