- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peruvian Cream Recipe
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (scant)|
|Coffee beans||2 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Caster sugar||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Hot water||2 Tablespoon|
|Chocolate||3 1⁄2 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1261 Calories from Fat 512
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.1%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g142.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1148.9 mg
Sodium 166.4 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 171 g57.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 160.4 g
Protein 26 g52.4%
Vitamin A 28.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 29.1% Iron 33.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add milk and coffee beans and allow to infuse.
2) Strain and add vanilla essence.
3) In a saucepan, heat caster sugar and to a light caramel.
4) Stop the cooking process by standing the base of the saucepan in cold water.
5) Mix in hot water to the caramel and over gentle heat allow to dissolve and keep aside.
6) In a pan, add broken pieces of chocolate with a little of the coffee-flavored milk and allow to dissolve over low heat.
7) Keep stirring till you have a smooth sauce.
8) Add to the remaining milk along with the caramel.
9) In a bowl, beat yolks and egg and pour on the liquid.
10) Turn out onto a dish and cook gently for 25 minutes in a bain-marie.
11) Remove dish and cool.
12) Spread over with lightly whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate caraque.