- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Estamboli (Loubia Polo ) String Beans Rice Recipe Video
|Basmati rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|String beans||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, sliced|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs), divided (as required)|
Calories 864 Calories from Fat 409
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 195.3 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g28.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 27 g54.4%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 21.1%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the rice in water with 1 teaspoons salt for 1 hour.
2. In a pot put the string beans and add boiling water to it until it covers them all.
3. Cover the lid and simmer for 10 min until the beans are tender.
4. In a pot heat the 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
5. Add the diced onions and sauté until translucent.
6. Put the ground beef, stir and let fry until the beef becomes brown.
7. Season with salt, turmeric and ground chili pepper and tomato paste. Stir to mix thoroughly.
8. Drain the string beans and add it up to the beef pot. Mix well and leave it over low heat for few minutes (while preparing the next steps).
9. Drain the rice in a colander.
10. In a large pot, pour 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, lay the sliced potatoes across the pot as a layer.
11. Spread ½ the rice and ½ the beef mixture in layers one after the other.
12. Continue the layering with the remaining rice and beef. Stir the top two layers to mix.
13. Pour 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, cover the pot with a large napkin and the lid.
14. Cook for 30 minutes over low heat. Turn off the heat and let it sit covered for a few minutes before serving.
15. In a serving plate, serve the rice hot as a complete meal.