- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tahchin Morgh (Chicken) Recipe Video
|Rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (Salt used for ice)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Small, sliced to chunks|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||1⁄2 Pound|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as required)|
|Egg yolks||4 , divided, beaten|
|Plain yogurt||10 Ounce|
|Chili pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Dried barberries||6 Tablespoon, divided|
|Oil||7 Tablespoon, divided|
|Pistachio||3 Tablespoon, sliced|
Calories 536 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 151.5 mg50.5%
Sodium 129.6 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 18 g35.5%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 15.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak rice in water for half an hour at least with 2 teaspoon salt.
2. Soak saffron in boiling water.
3. CHICKEN: In a pot, put onion and chicken pieces. Season with salt, pour boiling water to cover the chicken. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken from the broth, cut it into small pieces. Retain the water.
5. RICE: Cook rice until tender. Drain in a colander and set aside.
6. YOGURT-EGG YOLK MIXTURE: In a bowl put plain yogurt. Add half of the beaten egg yolks, ground chili pepper and 1 tablespoon of the soaked zafran(saffron) to the bowl and mix them together.
7. Put the chicken pieces and mix well till combined.
8. RICE AND CHICKEN: Take another pot and add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the rest of the beaten egg yolks to this pot with 2 tablespoons of the yogurt-egg yolk mixture.
9. Add 2 tablespoons of the drained rice to the pot. Stir well until mixed. Press the mixture gently.
10. Take the chicken pieces out of the bowl and put them in the pot on top of the mixture and sprinkle 3 tablespoon dried barberries (Zereshk).
11. Spread the rest of the rice to the pot. Press gently and continue to spread the rice but don't mix with the mixture.
12. Take the egg yolks mixture and add 1/4 cup vegetable oil, and 2 tablespoons of the zafran (saffron).
13. Pour the retained water (left from the onion and chicken's pot) into the bowl until it covers the mixture and mix thoroughly.
14. In the rice pot press down the rice using a large spoon and pour the rest of the egg yolk mixture on top of the rice.
15. Cover the pot with the lid and let it simmer for 2 hours over low heat.
16. In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the barberries till soft. Set aside.
17. In a serving platter, serve the rice and chicken garnished with fries barberries and pistachios.