- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ash Reshteh (Ashereshsteh) Iranian Persian Food Recipe Video
|Onion||4 Medium, divided (1- diced; 3- sliced)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chickpea||5 Ounce (canned/ precooked)|
|Kidney bean||5 Ounce (canned/ precooked)|
|Lentils||5 Ounce (canned/ precooked)|
|Fresh spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Leek||1 Medium, minced|
|Chives||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Fresh dill||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Rice noodles||14 Ounce (Reshteh)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Whey||1 Tablespoon (Kashk)|
|Boiling water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Calories 911 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.07 mg0.02%
Sodium 994.7 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.8%
Dietary Fiber 30.2 g120.7%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 32 g64.6%
Vitamin A 109.9% Vitamin C 77.2%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 62.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
2. Add the diced onion along with two garlic cloves and fry until translucent.
3. Put the chickpeas, kidney beans, and lentils.
4. Season with salt and turmeric as needed and mix thoroughly.
5. Let the mixture fry for few more minutes. Stir the mixture occasionally.
6. Add minced leak chives, cilantro, dill, parsley and spinach.
7. Pour in boiling water until the mixture is covered.
8. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for around 15 minutes.
9. Add the noodles (reshteh) to the pot and continue simmering.
10. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
11. In a small pan, heat the oil and fry the sliced onions until golden.
12. In a serving bowl, serve it garnished with fried onions and Kashk.