- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ghormeh Sabzi Stew (Khoresht) Persian Iranian Food Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), diced|
|Dried lemon||1 (Limo Amani)|
|Stew beef||1 Pound, cubed|
|Boiling water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (as required)|
|Chives||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), minced|
|Fenugreek leaves||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), minced|
|Parsley leaves||1⁄3 Bunch (33.33 gm), minced|
|Kidney beans||15 Ounce|
|Chili pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Persian spice mix||To Taste|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 635 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 594.1 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.9%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 59.6% Vitamin C 56.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 48.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a glass, soak dried limes in boiling water for half an hour (weight it down with a plate).
2. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and add the onions and saute.
3. Once the onions turn translucent, add garlic. Continue to sauté till fragrant.
4. Put the stew beef cubes into the onions and sauté for a few minutes.
5. Pour boiling water to the beef till covered and stir to mix well. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
6. In a separate frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and put all the minced herbs. Fry them for a few minutes or till wilted. Set aside.
7. After 1 hour, add kidney beans and stir to mix. Make holes in soaked dried lime and put it in the stew.
8. Add the fried herbs and season with salt, chilli and Persian Spice mix.
9. Put tomato paste, stir, cover and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
11. In a serving plate, serve the stew warm with any bread or rice of choice.