- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tas Kebab (Tas Kabab) Eggplant Stew Recipe Video
|Stew beef||1 Pound, cut into thin pieces|
|Egg plant||1 Large, peeled, sliced at an angle|
|Onion||1 Small, sliced in thick circles|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, sliced at an angle|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, sliced lengthwise|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.9%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 595.8 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 108.6% Vitamin C 44.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat oil on medium.
2. Layer the pan with onions, beef, carrot and eggplant in that order.
3. Place the prunes on top and pour around 2 cups boiling water (use more if required).
4. Cover and reduce the heat to low and cook for 30 minutes.
5. In a cup add tomato paste, turmeric, cinnamon, chili pepper flakes, and salt.
6. Pour ¼ cup of water and mix well till combined to smooth paste.
7. Add it to the pan with the vegetables. Cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
8. Place the potato slices and 2 whole tomatoes in it, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
10. In a serving plate, serve the stew hot with rice or bread.