- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfectly Seared Digby Scallops with Artichoke Puree and Fried Shallot Rings Recipe Video
|Digby scallops||2 Large, cleaned|
|Artichoke heart/Chopped||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shallots/Sliced into rings||4 Large|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for coating)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Maple syrup||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Baby green||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2695 Calories from Fat 2411
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 271 g417.5%
Saturated Fat 46.2 g231%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.6 mg
Sodium 1111.9 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.79 g3.2%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A 90.1% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saute pan, melt the butter and add the artichokes. Cook until soft.
2. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Add a pinch of salt to season. Keep warm.
3. Toss shallot rings in flour until well coated.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a pan. When smoking hot add the shallot rings and fry until golden and crispy. Remove and drain on paper toweling.
5. Whisk maple syrup into the vinaigrette. Set aside.
6. Just before you are ready to serve - sponge the scallops while you heat a searing pan.
7. Heat the olive oil in the hot pan. When hot, add place the scallops and sear for 2-3 minutes per side until nicely browned and edges begin to curl.
8. Spoon the artichoke puree on the serving plate. and spread to make a bed.
9. Arrange the seared scallops on top. Scatter the baby greens around them.
10. Top scallops with the shallot rings and drizzle the maple vinaigrette over and around the scallops.