- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfectly Roasted Turkey Recipe Video
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Rosemary, sage, and thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Carrot||1 Medium, halved|
|Celery||2 Medium (2 ribs)|
|Turkey stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flour||3 Teaspoon (For Gravy)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon (For Gravy)|
Calories 1882 Calories from Fat 858
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.7%
Saturated Fat 31 g154.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 840.6 mg
Sodium 2467.8 mg102.8%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 232 g464.8%
Vitamin A 45.9% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 19.5% Iron 82.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree.
2. Rinse turkey thoroughly and keep it aside for an hour or until it comes down to normal room temperature.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally all over the turkey. Do not forget to put some in the cavity.
4. In the cavity insert carrot, herbs, lemon, onion, celery, and apple.
5. Separate the skin of the turkey from the breast, and insert butter to keep it moist.
6. Truss the legs of the turkey and keep the wing tips back.
7. Rub butter all over the turkey, and place it on a tray.
8. In the tray, pour turkey stock, ensuring that the stock is below the wire rack.
9. Place the tray in oven, and allow it to cook for about 30 minutes.
10. Take it out, baste and tent the turkey. Reduce the heat of the oven to 350 degree, and put the turkey back in oven. Cook it for 2-2.5 hours.
11. Check the temperature of the turkey, to know if it is done. Normally the temperature of cooked turkey must be 150-165 degree. Allow the turkey to rest.
12. Skim the fat from the stock. Mix flour with water and pour it in stock.
13. Add white wine and allow it to reduce.
14. Serve turkey hot with gravy.
In the butter you can add roasted garlic, chopped chive, thyme and sage, giving it an extra flavor.
Covering with foil will help the turkey to be really moist.