- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Divinity Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2507 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 948.2 mg39.5%
Total Carbohydrates 545 g181.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 448.9 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 13.7% Iron 0.54%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, hot water and salt.
2) Allow to boil, while stirring constantly.
3) Cook, without stirring, to a hard-ball stage.
4) Wrap a fork in damp cloth and use to wipe crystal deppsits from the side of the pan.
5) Take off from the heat.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff.
7) Slowly add hot syrup over the egg whites, beating constantly.
8) Add in the vanilla and beat till the candy forms soft peaks and begins to lose gloss.
9) Add in the nuts.
10) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper.
11) Serve as a snack.