- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Divinity Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2700 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.5%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1594.3 mg66.4%
Total Carbohydrates 549 g182.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 451.6 g
Protein 62 g124.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 16.9% Iron 0.76%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 2-quart saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, hot water and salt.
2) Allow to boil, while stirring constantly.
3) Cook, without stirring, to a hard-ball stage.
4) Wrap a fork in damp cloth and use to wipe crystal deppsits from the side of the pan.
5) Take off from the heat.
6) In a bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff.
7) Slowly add hot syrup over the egg whites, beating constantly.
8) Add in the vanilla and beat till the candy forms soft peaks and begins to lose gloss.
9) Add in the nuts.
10) Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a waxed paper.
11) Serve as a snack.