- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Vadai Recipe Video
|Urad dal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil/For deep frying||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For binding batter|
|Urad dal||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 698 Calories from Fat 511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.9%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.7 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.3%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 26.4% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak 1 cup of urad dal in enough water for a minimum of 4 hours, set this aside.
2. In a pan, dry roast 1 tablespoon of urad dal and 1 teaspoon of rice, let cool and grind into a powder.
3. Grind the soaked urad along with peppercorns, salt and water.
4. Add in the powder and beat well with a wire whisk until fluffy.
5. Line up a plate with tissue paper.
6. Dip fingers into water and take a portion of the batter, roll it into a ball, dip thumb into water again and make a dent in the center.
7. Slide the vadai gently into the pan with preheated oil.
8. Flip after a few seconds and remove when golden brown, repeat for the rest of batter.
9. Bring vadai to the plate and wipe off surface oil.
10. Serve Medhu Vadai with sambhar and coconut chutni.