- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe Video
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (250 ml 120°F to 130°F/ 50°C to 55°C)|
|Instant yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 envelope)|
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs) (3 1/4- 31/2)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 16
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.8%
Saturated Fat 0.27 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 248.8 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 2% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine water, salt and yeast.
2) Add 1 cup flour and mix with a wooden spoon until a loose batter forms. Add another 2 cups flour and mix for a few minutes more, until a ragged batter forms.
3) If dough feels too stiff, add more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, up to 1⁄3 cup.
4) Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a countertop dusted with 1⁄4 cup flour until elastic. If dough feels sticky, add remaining 1⁄4 cup flour.
5) Shape into a ball and transfer dough to a deep, oiled bowl. Turn dough over a few times until well coated in oil.
6) Cover loosely with plastic wrap or a tea towel (if making ahead, you can refrigerate overnight at this point). Allow dough to rise in a warm place for 2 hours until doubled in size.
7) Use the pizza dough to make two 12 inch crusts.