- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe Video
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs) (or more)|
Calories 63 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.1 mg
Sodium 223.1 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.34 g0.11%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 2.3% Iron 4.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot put eggs carefully in a single layer.
2. Fill the pot with cold water until it covers the eggs by 1 inch and bring to a strong, rolling boil.
3. Boil for 2-3 minutes (time this so that you don’t overcook the eggs) and remove pot from heat and cover.
4. Let the eggs sit in the hot water covered for 10-15 minutes. They will continue cooking.
5. Drain off the water and change cold water a few times.
6. Let the eggs sit in the cold water to cool off (Ice can be added to speed up cooling).
7. Peel the eggs starting at the bottom (widest part). There is a small air pocket there.
8. Roll the egg on it’s side to loosen the peel all around. Peel completely.
9. In a serving plate, serve the eggs warm with any dish of choice or use it to make salads or any other recipe.