- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Macarons Recipe Video
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 , thawed|
|Food color||4 Drop (red)|
|Strawberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required) (Optional)|
|Butter cream frosting||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as required) (Optional)|
Calories 136 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 86.3 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.48%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.05%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl sift almond flour through a fine sieve. Repeat this with powdered sugar. Whisk them well till combined. Set aside.
2. In a mixer add the egg whites and on low speed beat them for around 3 minutes or till frothy. Add sugar and continue to beat on medium speed till it forms stiff peaks. Put the red food coloring and continue to beat till well combined and evenly colored.
3. Put 1/3rd of the egg white mixture into the flour mixture and fold in till just combined. Add the remaining egg white mixture and fold it in with gentle strokes (around 50 only) till evenly combined. Do not over or under mix.
4. Fill this into a piping bag with round nozzle and pipe them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Tap them to remove air bubbles. Let them sit for around 20 minutes or till they turn shell like without sticking.
5. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
6. Bake them in the oven for around 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for around 10 minutes.
7. Make sandwich of these macarons by filling them with either jam or frosting.
8. In a serving plate, serve the macarons with hot milk or any refreshing beverage or pack as gifts.