- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perfect Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Scallions||8 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Cauliflower||2 Medium, cored and coarsely chopped|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried savory/Marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|White miso||2 Tablespoon (Preferable To Vegetable Bouillon Because It Will Not Turn The Soup Dark)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 416.4 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g39%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 232.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy soup kettle, add butter to melt over heat.
2) Pour in oil and sauté the onion, scallions, and garlic.
3) Add celery and cauliflower and sauté a while.
4) Season with spices and combine well.
5) Cook this uncovered, by keeping the heat at medium for few minutes. Keep on stirring while cooking.
6) Pour in water and add miso. Bring the water to a boil by increasing the heat.
7) Reduce heat to medium and let it simmer by putting a lid on top for another 15 minutes or until the cauliflower turns tender.
8) Remove from heat and allow this to cool down.
9) In a blender, add this preparation in small quantity and puree to smooth and creamy consistency.
10) Reheat the puree before serving. Sprinkle fresh ground nutmeg to garnish.