- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Perch Turbans A La Newburg Recipe
|Ocean perch fillets/Use other fish fillets||2 Pound (Use Either Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|For the sauce:|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or According To Taste)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|Half and half||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||2 , beaten|
|Sherry||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parsley sprigs||6 (Use A Few To Garnish)|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.3%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 356.4 mg
Sodium 417.4 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 49 g98%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If using frozen fish, thaw them before using.
2. Skin fillets and slice into serving portions.
3. Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
4. Grease a large but shallow baking dish with butter or margarine.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F
6. Roll each fish slice into a turban or pinwheel, and secure using a wooden toothpick
7. In the greased baking dish, arrange the fish turbans in a single layer.
8. Dot each generously with melted butter or margarine.
9. Cover the dish with kitchen foil, sealing at the edges.
10. Bake the fish in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
11. Once cooked remove from the oven and keep the fish warm.
12. In the meantime, make the sauce in a saucepan by melting the butter or margarine.
13. Stir in flour and seasonings and cook for 1 minute.
14. Gradually stir in the cream to make a smooth consistency sauce.
15. Simmer sauce, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly and flour has cooked.
16. Stir in the sherry and simmer for 1 minute.
17. Take pan off the heat and spoon a little of the hot sauce into lightly beaten egg yolks. Stir to blend well.
18. Pour the egg mixture back into the sauce in the pan and stir thoroughly.
19. Reheat on a low flame until hot.
20. On serving plates, make a bed of cooked rice.
21. Arrange the fish turbans over the rice.
22. Spoon sauce over the fish.
23. Garnish with a pinch of paprika and parsley.