- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppy Taco Salads Recipe
|Lean ground beef||3⁄4 Pound|
|Salsa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Torn lettuce/Mixed greens||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers/Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream/Plain yogurt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.1 mg
Sodium 482.9 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 203.7% Vitamin C 49.7%
Calcium 28.4% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, cook the ground beef until brown in color.
2) Drain off the fat.
3) Add the salsa and heat through.
4) In the serving place, place lettuce or mixed greens
5) Pour a spoonful of meat mixture over lettuce or greens.
6) Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
7) Toss lightly to mix.
8) Top each serving with a dash of sour cream or yogurt.