- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppery Fish Stir Fry Recipe
|Frozen fish fillets||16 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||15 1⁄4 Ounce (Juice Pack, 1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet peppers||2 Small, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (Red Or Green)|
|Slivered almonds/Peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 239 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 672.5 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 17 g33%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 33.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow the fish to stand at the room temperature for 20 minutes .
2) Slice into 1" pieces.
3) Drain the pineapple well.
4) Keep the pineapple chunks aside
5) Reserve the juice to use later.
6) In small bowl blend the reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch.
7) Stir in the soy sauce and red pepper and keep aside.
8) In a wok or a large skillet stir-fry the fish pieces for 3 min in the heated oil.
9) Remove on a dish and keep aside.
10) For a min, stir-fry the sweet pepper.
11) Stir-fry for further 1 min adding the almonds or the peanuts.
12) Stir in the pineapple juice mixture and cook until bubbly.
13) Stir in pineapple and fish pieces.
14) Heat covered for a min.
15) Serve over the hot cooked rice.