- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepperpot Guyanese Style Recipe Video
|Cow foot||4 Pound, cleaned|
|Stew beef||3 1⁄2 Pound, cubed|
|Corned beef brisket||1 Pound, cubed|
|Oxtail||2 Pound, cleaned|
|Dried thyme||2 Tablespoon|
|Peppercorns||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fresh thyme sprigs||8|
|Cassareep||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1 Dash|
|Chilli pepper||1 Small, whole|
|Onion||1 Large, whole|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Orange peel||1 Large|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
Calories 700 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.3 mg
Sodium 367.7 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 55 g110.5%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, put the cow foot. Pour water to cover it and bring it to boil. Simmer till the cow foot is cooked.
2. Trim the fat from the corned beef and oxtail. Cut the corned beef into cubes.
3. Prepare the other ingredients according to the list.
4. In a bowl, mix cubes of stew beef and corned beef. Add 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 teaspoon ground peppercorns, 4 sprigs fresh thyme and 2 tablespoon cassareep. Mix it well till all pieces are coated well.
5. In another bowl take the cleaned oxtail and add 1 tablespoon thyme, 1 teaspoon ground peppercorns, 4 sprigs fresh thyme and 2 tablespoon cassareep. Mix it well till all pieces are coated well.
6. In a frying pan, heat some cooking oil and put the seasoned beef pieces. Cover it and cook on low heat till it is cooked well.
7. In a pot, put the seasoned oxtails, fill water to cover it and cook on low heat till done.
8. Transfer the cooked beef and oxtails into the pot with cow foot. Season with salt.
9. Put the whole onion and chilli pepper, cloves, cinnamon and garlic cloves into it.
10. Add sugar and orange peel. Taste at this stage and adjust the salt and sugar as required. Pour the remaining cassareep and stir continuously till it dissolves into the liquid.
11. Bring it to boil and cover and simmer for another hour or till all the ingredientsa re cooked well.
12. In a serving plate or bowl, serve this with bread or rice.
Reduce the meat according to requirement.