- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pepperoni Pizza Recipe Video
|Active dry yeast||1 Packet|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Seasoning mix/Red crushed pepper||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28 mg9.3%
Sodium 575.2 mg24%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 14 g27.1%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 13.2%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, add the active dry yeast and mix it well with warm water.
2. Divide the whole wheat flour and add 1/4 cup at a time into the bowl and mix well until there are no lumps.
3. On a floured board, place the dough and knead well. Make it into a rectangular shape and with a sharp knife cut it into 4 small quarters to make 4 individual pizza bases.
4. Place each of the quarter dough into 4 individual small bowls, cover the bowls with a plastic/cling wrap and let it sit aside for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. On a floured board, place the dough and roll it out to form a small circular pizza base.
7. On a baking sheet, sprinkle some cornmeal and place the rolled out pizza base.
8. To make the pizza, spread the tomato sauce over the base, add the seasoning mix, sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese and place the sliced pepperoni pieces over the cheese.
9. Bake the pizza in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
10. Once done remove and serve.
11. Place the pizza base on a plate and slice into 4 pieces or serve as a whole.
Pinch the sides of the base, if you want a crust to form over the pizza.