- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppermint Bavarian Cream Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), whipped|
|Peppermint candy||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), finely crushed|
|Peppermint essence||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red food color||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 310 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.8 mg
Sodium 91.6 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 0.36%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soften gelatin in cold water.
2. Beat egg yolks, sugar and salt together in top of double boiler; Heat milk and candy almost to a boil, stirring to dissolve candy. Beat hot milk gradually into egg yolk mixture. Heat while stirring, over hot water, until thickened. Do not boil or it will curdle.
3. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool; stir in peppermint essence and food coloring.
4. Fold in whipped cream gently; pour into 6-cup mold. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Unmold, decorate with candies and then serve with chocolate sauce.