- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Real Texas Peppermint Sandwich Cookies part 2 of 5 Recipe Video
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cacao powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Peppermint extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Candy canes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Marshmallow fluff||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 151
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 218.8 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cacao powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set side.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. While mixing continuously add in the eggs, vanilla extract and peppermint extract.
5. Add in the flour mixture and buttermilk to the mixer alternatively.
6. Scrape out the mixture and place in refrigerator until firm.
7. Take out the mixture and with teaspoon drop over the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake cookies into the oven for 8 minutes.
9. Take out the cookies and let it cool over the cooling rack.
10. For filling – in a blender, coarsely blend the cane candies and set aside in a plate.
11. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, vanilla extract and marshmallow fluff.
12. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
13. Spread the filling over a cookie and stick another cookie over it. Coat the edges with crushed candy canes.
14. Serve the cookies with milk.