- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppermint Lollipops Recipe
|Granulated sugar||18 Ounce (500 Grams Or 1 Pound And 2 Ounce)|
|Cream of tartar||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Peppermint essence||2 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2017 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.6 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 516 g171.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.04%
Sugars 512.3 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.6% Iron 1.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a saucepan, add 200 ml hot water. Add cream of tartar and sugar and slowly heat to melt sugar.
2. Increase the temperature and allow the mixture to moil till sugar reaches hard crack stage.
3. Take off from heat, spin in peppermint essence and green coloring, sufficient to render a pale green color to the mixture.
4. Using a baking parchment, cover a heatproof surface.
5. With a metal spoon, pour in peppermint syrup, ¾ tbsp per lollipop, on the paper and push each of the lollipop into the syrup.
6. If syrup becomes very hard, heat for few second. Allow to harden lollipops.
7. Serve as such.