- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppermint Grapefruit Recipe
|Peppermint extract||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||1 Dash|
|Liquid artificial sweetener||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
|Powdered cinnamon||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.6%
Saturated Fat 0.24 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 146.5 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 7.1% Vitamin C 92.9%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the skin of the grapefruit, using a sharp knife.
2) Discard the membrane and retain the juice.
3) Place the segments in 2 glasses.
4) In a bowl, combine together 4 tablespoons of grapefruit juice, peppermint extract, colouring and sweetener.
5) Pour the grapefruit mixture over the grapefruit segments.
6) Place the glasses in the refrigerator until chilled completely.
7) Serve chilled, garnished with lemon twists.
8) Can be served with bread fingers that have dusted with cinnamon powder and toasted.