- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Minced green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced sweet red pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced green cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Minced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Tablespoon (To Taste)|
|Mustard seeds||2 Tablespoon (Whole)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 112 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.6%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.74%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2952.5 mg123%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.4%
Sugars 12.8 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 91.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables and salt and toss to mix well
2. Cover and let stand overnight.
3. Drain the mixture, squeezing out as much liquid as you can.
4. Turn into an earthen-ware crock or large glass jar.
5. In a stainless steel or enamel coated saucepan, combine the mustard seeds, brown sugar, and vinegar and boil.
6. Pour the hot liquid over the vegetables and stir to mix.
7. Once cooled completely, cover and refrigerate.
8. Serve within 3 days.