- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppered Steaks Flamed with Brandy Recipe
|For the steaks|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Sirloin strip steaks||40 Ounce (4 In Number, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Coarsely cracked black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|For the sauce|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots||2 , minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Brandy/Armagnac||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 846 Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.9%
Saturated Fat 23 g115.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.8 mg
Sodium 368.2 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 67 g133.4%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 41.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into both sides of the steaks, press the pepper and season with a little salt; let it stand for 30 minutes.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet or sautÃ© pan, heat oil, add the steaks, and sautÃ© over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare and 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium.
3. Transfer the steak to a plate and keep warm.
4. From the same pan, remove excess fat and heat oil.
5. Stir in the shallots and the mushrooms; and sautÃ© over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Remove the pan from heat and carefully add the brandy and ignite; let the alcohol burn off.
7. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, chives, butter, and 1 tablespoon at a time, until the sauce is thoroughly combined and smooth.
8. On warm serving plates, place steaks and spoon sauce over them.
9. Serve immediately.