- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Peppered Steak Recipe
|Peppercorns||1 Teaspoon, cracked|
|Sirloin steak||5 Ounce (Boneless)|
|Half and half||2 Tablespoon (Blend Of Milk And Cream)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.9 mg
Sodium 43 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.07%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 15 g29.8%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Top the steak with half of the peppercorns and press them into the steak until they adhere.
3. Repeat the same with the remaining popcorns on the other side of the streak.
4. On the broiling rack pan, arrange steaks and broil for about 2 minutes on each side until medium-rare or internal temperature reaches 55 °C or 130 °F.
5. Shift the steak onto a serving platter and keep warm.
6. In a small saucepan, cook cognac over high heat for about 2 minutes until it is reduced by two thirds.
7. In a small bowl, blend together half-and-half and flour using a wired whisk.
8. Add cognac and stir.
9. Cook further over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the mixture thickens.
10. Slice steak in two equal halves.
11. Spoon sauce over the steaks.
12. Serve immediately.